We teamed up with our friends over at Raaka Chocolate and 88 Acres to create the most delicious cacao, seed butter & chia smash pop tart. Not only are the ingredients good for you, but they're also good for the planet. The cacao, seed butter and chia smash are sourced more sustainably than their commercial counterparts.
Gluten free, nut free, refined sugar free
- 2 c GF all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 c 88 Acres Pumpkin Seed Butter
- 1 stick vegan butter, cubed
- 1 jar of Cherry Pomegranate Chia Smash
- 1/2 c Raaka Cacao Powder
- 1/2 c coconut sugar, blended finely
- 1 1/2 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c plant milk
- Place butter and seed butter in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together flour, xanthan gum, sugar and salt.
- With a pastry cutter or two forks, cut butter and seed butter into flour until roughly incorporated.
- Stir in milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough comes together. Amount of milk needed will vary. Add until you can form dough into a ball and it is very sticky.
- Form dough into a square and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in fridge for 30 mins to 1 hour. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Turn dough on a floured sheet of parchment paper, sprinkle flour on top and place another sheet of parchment over the top. Roll dough out to ~1/8 inch.
- Cut into rectangles or squares, at your desired size.
- Spoon 2-3 teaspoons of chia smash onto the center of one square. Dip your finger in water, run it along the edge, place a second square over the top, press edges with a fork and poke holes on top for steam.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until edges start to turn golden.
- Remove from oven, let cool completely.
- Whisk smooth all icing ingredients, adding milk slowly until you achieve your desired thickness (less for more of a frosting, more for a thin, drippy icing layer).
- Drizzle icing overtop a pop tart, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and/or cacao nibs right away. Repeat with each pop tart. Let set until icing is firm to the touch.
← VIEW ALL RECIPES