Power up a workout or plough through an afternoon of work, these tasty bites are like a little burst of tasty energy. A nutty, chocolate coating filled with a burst of raspberries makes the perfect bite.
Gluten free, plant based, paleo, refined sugar free
MAKES: 6-8 Bites
- 1/2 c almonds
- 1 c pitted dates
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 1/2 c coconut flakes
- Raspberry Chia Smash
- In a food processor almonds until they are broken down.
- Add coconut oil, cacao powder, dates and nut butter and blend until well combined into a sticky mixture.
- Using ~3/4 of the mixture, take small handfuls at a time and mold into small bowl shapes. It's easies to create a ball, flatten it slightly and then press down into the middle to create a 'pool.'
- Fill each 'pool' with Chia Smash. Be careful not to fill it right up to the brim otherwise it will leak out when you go to seal the top.
- Using the remaining mixture, create small slightly curved layers of the mixture to seal each ball with. The easiest way to do this is to roll a small amount into a bowl and then flatten it between the palm of your hand. Then add a slight curve to it so that it can sit on top of the base.
- Carefully place the curved layers on top of the base with the Chia Smash in. Press down the sides gently, you can slightly pinch the two sides together to create a seal.
- Place coconut flakes into a bowl and roll each ball through the flakes until covered.
- Place in the fridge or freezer to set.
← VIEW ALL RECIPES